As a core committer at Mattermost you are responsible for one of the world’s largest and most popular open source projects. Your work impacts thousands of organizations who depend on Mattermost for daily operations, from high tech (Intel, Samsung, Micron), to healthcare (Medtronic, Epic, Bristol-Myers Squibb) to public sector (U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Energy), to education (University of California, National University of Singapore), and consumer brands (Urban Outfitters, Wargaming.net). Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning 7 time zones. More on us at www.mattermost.com.
Working in open source means your work is publicly visible. What you build will receive both credit and constructive critique from the community. With the right mindset and support these can lead to you a highly positive working environment and making the best engineering decisions of your career.
Core committers include highly skilled volunteer developers from the community, staff employed by enterprises deploying and investing in Mattermost, as well as staff employed by Mattermost, Inc.
Read about our end-to-end recruiting process for core committers at: https://docs.mattermost.com/process/developer.html
Presence and utility are an Engineer’s best friend. We are looking for a best in class Web App Engineer to ensure that our on-line interface is in-your-face awesome. We need a Developer with a passion for design and a talent for making our user experience second to none.
- You will be responsible for creating high quality digital experience and web development
- Work closely with Back End and other Engineers, Designers and Creative Experts to turn wireframes and visual designs into working prototypes
- Design and development of enterprise communication interface modules
- Working on responsive web design
- Solve problems in a collaborative work environment with amazing co-workers
- Effectively work while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related
- 3+ years of experience in web application design and development
- Experience creating enterprise websites
- General tools/skills: Github, Jira, Jenkins
- Experience working in open source communities