The Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship (CNDLS) at Georgetown University is looking for a creative and enterprising web developer who is passionate about helping faculty, staff and students solve problems by applying good design and development practices. As part of its mission, CNDLS develops cutting edge websites and web applications to support innovative teaching and learning at Georgetown.
The Web Developer position is perfect for candidates who would like to work in a dynamic higher education environment, are interested in experimental design, and who want to gain exposure to a wide variety of projects—from developing unique learning tools and educational technologies to developing interactive websites for events and courses to developing web applications that could be used by thousands of users across the globe. If you’re passionate about education, and are someone who is always looking to learn more, to pick up new skills, and to apply them in a groundbreaking educational environment, this is the position for you. CNDLS is a highly collaborative organization, and you would be able to partner creatively and strategically with a team that is passionate about design, innovation, experimentation, and supporting the teaching, learning, and social justice mission of the University.
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in Computer Science or other related fields
- 2 years of experience in web development
- Experience working with WordPress (designing and developing plugins and themes) and other content management systems
- Working knowledge of Git, Django (or similar frameworks), and responsive web development
- Familiarity with server-side technology, especially PHP and Python.
- Interest in working in a collaborative environment that values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Bootstrap (or other similar frameworks).
- Apache web server.
- Heroku and AWS
- User-centered design and web design principles
CNDLS will be accepting applications until the position is filled. When applying, please make sure to include resume, cover letter and links to your portfolio/github repository/to your work online. Applications must include a portfolio or link to your work. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship (CNDLS) is the center for teaching excellence and innovation at Georgetown University. CNDLS staff members, in addition to faculty and graduate affiliates, are engaged in advanced research on teaching practices, assessment techniques, instructional and learning design, media development, and technologies to enhance student learning. Whether rethinking course design, assessing curricula, or creating a dynamic digital archive, CNDLS works to align teaching practices with student engagement and learning. CNDLS is an integral part of Georgetown’s efforts to rethink the Future(s) of Higher Education and the Center has recently developed Georgetown’s new Master of Arts in Learning and Design, a program at the cutting edge of the future of innovations in teaching and learning in higher education.