About the New York Academy of Sciences
The New York Academy of Sciences is an independent, not-for-profit organization that since 1817 has been committed to advancing science, technology, and society worldwide. With more than 20,000 members in 100 countries around the world, the Academy is creating a global community of science for the benefit of humanity. The Academy's core mission is to advance scientific knowledge, positively impact the major global challenges of society with science-based solutions, and increase the number of scientifically informed individuals in society at large. Please visit us online at www.nyas.org.
JOB TITLE: Web Developer
REPORTS TO: TBD
As a member of the website team, the Web Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Academy’s website through collaboration with internal stakeholder and external teams. The position is also responsible for support and maintenance of backend integration with a CRM.
- Develops and maintains Academy websites and portals
- Develops backend solutions for Academy CRM
- Works with internal stakeholders and designers to develop new features
- Serves as a technical liaison working with consultants and internal teams
- Analyzes feature requests, creates estimates
- Participates in strategic discussions
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years’ experience in software development
- Detailed understanding of programming paradigms
- Detailed understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Experience in .NET technology - C#, ASP.NET, MVC
- Experience using SQL databases (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc)
- Proficiency with versioning systems (Git, TFS, etc)
- Experience with frameworks/libraries such as IQuery, Bootstrap, Angular, Backbone is a plus
- Experience with custom backend development for CMS technologies such as Umbraco, Magento, WordPress is a plus
- Understanding of IaaS / PaaS / SaaS cloud concepts. Experience with Azure or AWS is a plus
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Associations Anywhere, Salesforce, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics, Nimble is a major plus
The Academy operates during standard business hours Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Standard work week is 35 hours, unless otherwise noted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filling cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
The Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking a diverse workforce. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package to both full-time and part-time staff that includes affordable health care insurance, tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, and liberal vacation time and holiday schedule.