The software development team at NMI is a small, agile group that works closely together but requires independent thinking and motivation. Developers have direct influence over the design and implementation of their code and are heavily involved in application testing. Expertise should include fluency in coding, strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, good communication skills and a genuine passion for solving problems related to scalability, performance, security, and redundancy.
- Write secure, clean software that scales with concurrency.
- Write unit, application level and system tests.
- Update and maintain the payment gateway system.
- Learn and write system tools.
- Document code, concepts, business logic, and logistics.
- Design and develop new features and interfaces using modern web programming paradigms.
- Build and maintain secure APIs.
- Create efficient database queries.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Arts/Science in Computer science or other experience commensurate.
- 3+ years developing complex applications.
- Expertise in design patterns.
- Fluency in all aspects of PHP development and the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Expertise with MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with others.
- Must be an independent and critical thinker.
- Must have high moral integrity.
- Must be consistently detail-oriented.
- Must be able to communicate concisely.
- Must be able to resolve problems promptly.
- Must have domain knowledge of payment industry.
NMI is a leading software provider in the payment processing industry that powers many e-commerce and global enterprises. We create complex, distributed systems where innovation, scalability and performance are of the utmost importance. Millions of transactions around the world traverse the networks and applications that we design, build and maintain.
Working at NMI
At NMI, we strive to create a family environment that cultivates creativity, enthusiasm, good health, and true enjoyment for all employees. Our benefits include:
- Complete medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Vacation/Holiday pay
- Life, ADD and LTD Insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Formal training and certification opportunities
- 401k program including matching
- Great working environment and culture
- Bi-weekly massages
- Free lunch!
- 40% remote work available (qualifying conditions apply)
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.