Stack: Python, iOS, angular, mongodb, AWS. Product: Point-of-Sale solution Location: Amman, Jordan (no remote) Contract: Full-time, $6,000 per month + stocks
A very well-funded and established startup in Amman (Jordan) seeks an experienced software development leader, an executive who can step in and lead our fast growing, dynamic engineering team, deliver timely solutions to the market, and execute the challenging development activities on our comprehensive application road map.
The VP of Engineering at our startup will be reporting directly to the CEO and will be responsible for executing on the Company's overall technology vision, shaping its technical strategy, and driving its development execution that will firmly place us as the leader in providing cutting-edge Point of sale platform to the market.
The VP of Engineering will recruit +10 world-class talent, manage the appropriate development methodologies, and create the proper organizational structure to drive a high performing development team to deliver these applications to the market with relentless execution.
This person will keep abreast of and influence technology trends, standards, and stakeholders which will further enhance adoption and market share of our solutions, and work in tandem with the other members of the team to further define our platform roadmap and deliver against it.
This person will have the ability to bridge technology with business acumen, will bring experience in developing industry leading customer facing applications, and will develop and sustain a culture of passion, hard-work, and innovation that will make us the place to be for anyone interested in developing MENA’s leading SaaS POS Platform.
- Providing overall strategy and technology direction for the development of applications and communication infrastructure supporting the Company’s solutions
- Strategic planning for all product development efforts to include the subsequent testing, release and production environment needs
- Overseeing all activities of the development groups (development, QA, and application release)
- Planning the overall architecture of our products and support infrastructure including day-to-day operations in conjunction with other departments & teams
- Assuming overall responsibility for the current and long range direction of technology for both internal and SaaS-based solutions by enhancing and implementing best-in-class programs, policies, practices and systems while delivering high quality and repeatable results
- Supporting the development of the Company’s product roadmap
- Leading and enhancing our agile methodology for the design, development, test and release of our products and features.
- Establishing departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Staying abreast of new technologies and issues in the software-as-a-service industry, including current technologies, platforms, standards and methodologies
- Defining and communicating corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and designing new software products
- Recruiting, managing and continuously developing through leadership and collaborative team building a world-class team of technology professionals viewed as the leader in the Sass POS platform industry
- Participating in the strategic business and product planning process
- Being actively engaged in technology standard settings boards and organizations that may impact the Company and its offerings
- Being an active spokesperson and evangelist both internally and externally by communicating and promoting the Company’s technology vision and solutions
- Evaluating new technologies and solutions in the market and being responsible for keeping abreast of trends that may impact the Company
- Identifying opportunities to leverage offshore resources to meet project demand.
- Ensuring the knowledge sharing of engineering best practices across departments; and developing and monitoring technical standards to ensure adherence to them.
- Being directly responsible for establishing and managing the operating budget to maximize utilization of resources and delivery of products and solutions.
- Previous senior leadership roles in product or application development and engineering for high growth companies preferable SaaS
- Proven leadership of large-scale software teams that have delivered great products on deadline
- Proven experience as a leader developing, deploying, and supporting software as a service / platform as a service solutions to commercial, industrial, and institutional users worldwide
- Proven ability to recruit the best and brightest developers in the world and provide them with a vision and working environment to develop world-class applications while instituting compelling performance measurements that continually drive transparency and improved performance
- Excellent communication skills, strong team player, and the ability to work cross functionally
Please send your CV and any repos to firstname.lastname@example.org