We’re looking for a new designer to join our talanted, focused, and growing creative team. Our ideal candidate is comfortable creating new, engaging designs on a daily basis and working in a pipeline that is mostly UI and branding focused. They will take concepts from copy and functional specs to high-fidelity page mockups, create intelligent and compelling assets for digital display, and enhance our clients' brands through thoughtful designs that also look pretty darn cool . Our team is built of uncommonly skilled and dedicated individuals from all walks of life, but we’re all driven, deadline-conscious, and organized. This position is full-time, and on-site at our Monrovia, CA headquarters.
- Rapidly build and iterate on polished, high-fidelity web prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
- Work with account managers, clients, and other stakeholders to successfully translate client vision into tangible visualizations (sketches, wireframes, and mockups.)
- This might mean personally interfacing with clients via various channels to truly understand project scope and deliverables and helping to create a "plan of attack" for each project
- Translate copy and written outlines into wireframes.
- Create branded style tiles and website branding from client inspirational moodboards and existing brand seeds.
- View website design projects from the top down to ensure separate website mockups coexist and integrate into the broader UX client ecosystem and roadmap.
- 2-3 years of experience delivering web page, web UI/UX , and responsive website designs.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your ability to create great user-centered design solutions with detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), human behavior psychology/science, or equivalent professional experience as a UX designer.
- Strong knowledge designing and prototyping with leading design tools (ordered by our preference):
- Strong working knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture, and design.
- Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize tasks appropriately.
The perfect Candidate should be:
- A team-player who is not afraid to contribute ideas, but also takes good direction
- An empowered self-starter with excellent project and time management skills
- The ability to follow art and creative direction, work independently and be comfortable presenting to a group
- Someone who knows that good design can be found everywhere and that details really matter
- A highly motivated person with strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes quickly
- Extremely comfortable learning new technologies