PURPOSE AND SCOPE
This position is responsible for the creation and maintenance of HTML documents and CSS stylesheets for all websites assigned by Beck’s Senior Software Engineer. You will participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle; including analysis, UX design, programming, user testing, implementation, and support.
Remote employment is available for the right candidate.
- Interact with end users to determine specifications for new software applications or software changes.
- Ability to present your designs and your solutions to development team and management.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Ability to design UI and be able to turn those designs into responsive HTML and CSS code as deliverables for existing and new websites.
- Design implementations are required to be responsive and work well in all form factors from desktop to mobile devices.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor.
1. Education and training:
- B.S. in computer science or a related field is preferred.
2. Technical knowledge:
- Strong working knowledge of developing cross platform websites.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of visual design principals, including composition, layout hierarchy, typography and color.
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch and InVision.
- Portfolio should include designs, user flows, wireframes, user research, etc, as well as examples of web/mobile/tablet UX design.
- Knowledge of GIT workflow a plus.
- Two (2) or more years of user-centered design, including user flows, navigation, content hierarchies, interaction design, and interactive wireframe prototypes.
- Experience with User Interface design patterns
- Experience with custom responsive web design, Media Queries, and Bootstrap, Material Design, Foundation or other framework.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps.