An international membership organization with headquarters offices in Alexandria, VA is looking to enlist the services of a talented Senior Designer or ascending, mid-level Graphic Designer in a four-month-long, on-site assignment. This temporary role could possibly turn into a full-time position, if such a transition is of interest to all involved parties.
* At least 4 years of recent, ongoing, professional experience working as a titled Senior Designer or Graphic Designer (or similar) in a non-profit, corporate or agency setting.
* Must have significant and demonstrable experience using the current generation and/or previous generation Adobe design and illustration tools.
* Your portfolio should reflect the depth and breadth of your professional design experience. We want to see the best work you've produced for employers and/or clients. When we ask for your "best" we aren't requesting a selection of your five favorite works. More is better. Your portfolio should make a resounding case for your ability to conceptualize and produce great marketing and communications design all day, every day.
* Ideally your portfolio mix will include long-form marketing/communications collateral, great looking and engaging research reports, print advertising, infographics, conference/tradeshow collateral including posters and large format graphics.
* Exceptionally well qualified individuals will also have at least some professional experience conceptualizing and/or producing online advertising and Web page or mobile interface designs. This experience is not necessary, but it would be helpful -- and it would provide a jumping off point for you to further develop your interactive design skills while engaged in this assignment.
* Some experience leveraging PowerPoint as a design tool will be appreciated as well. We know that most designers don't enjoy using PowerPoint. But we're also aware that some have figured out how to get the most out of it. PowerPoint is still a necessary business communications tool; let us know if you can make it sing. We promise that you won't have to do so too often.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* Excellent collaborator.
* Adaptable, flexible and open to rapid iteration.
* Keenly aware of deadlines and able to manage time accordingly.
* Excited to share and have your work critiqued.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
All work will be done at the client organization's offices in Alexandria, VA. Their workplace is in a modern building that is very close to restaurants and a natural foods market, and a short walk from Old Town shops. The building is highly accessible via Metrorail and Metrobus, and also close to the Beltway and other major commuter routes.
This is an on-site temporary assignment. We are advertising this opportunity in late May, and we are hoping to identify a terrific designer who can start working ASAP. We must have the position filled by mid-June. We expect this engagement to continue until at least mid-September. There is a good chance it will be extended beyond September and/or the designer will be offered an opportunity to remain in the role as a result of transitioning to a full-time, staff position.
Our client is ideally looking to engage a designer who can work a full-time schedule -- M-F, roughly 9am-5pm. They can offer some flexibility re: daily start and end times, provided the majority of work is done during regular business hours. They also might be willing to consider exceptionally well qualified candidates who want to work five slightly shorter days each week, or four regular length days each week. Individuals who are looking to work fewer than 30-hour each week, or who believe they can make a convincing case for why they should be allowed to work from home, should not apply for this position.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is offering a pay rate of between $35/hour and $55/hour. The actual rate offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay earlier career applicants at the top of the offer range. More experienced design professionals can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at the top of the advertised range.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see the "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity."
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.