Twilio’s Technical Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners; we’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will work with our customers’ and partners’ developers, architects and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
About the job:
- You will be part of our Developer Support Specialist team providing product and technical support to developers on Twilio’s REST API, helper libraries, and new products such as Programmable Chat, Programmable Video, Notify and TaskRouter.
- Since you’ll be supporting developers, ability to read and write code and solid understanding of web-based applications is critical to success in this role.
- You will help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- You will interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that best fit our customers need.
- You will work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- You will help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process.
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API or enterprise software
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- You are good at and enjoy debugging other people’s code.
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Desire to deliver positive customer experiences by identifying their problems and guiding them through complex technical solutions.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback.
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or have equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience as a developer highly preferred.
- Previous iOS and Android programming experience a huge plus.
- Knowledge of IP Telephony protocols, such as WebRTC.
- Success in building a Twilio Video application by following the Quickstart guide
- Links to other web sites and resources where we might learn more about you (GitHub, Twitter, Dribbble, Deviant Art portfolio, etc.) are greatly appreciated.
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST