We are looking for a technical content strategist: someone who loves to research and think about technology, while distilling those ideas into concise information, user guides, and publications for merchants. This would be someone who can research and synthesize content and write through a variety of media, as well as lead designated projects to further grow the Merchant Acceleration program. Join Shopify Plus to help us make commerce better for our high-growth, high-volume merchants, and do your life’s best work.
The Merchant Acceleration program is focused on bringing high-quality content, such as live workshops and training courses, to our merchants to help them 10x their businesses.
You’ll need to have:
- Strong foundational systems thinking; well-versed in creative, analytical and research skills, along with excellent research, writing and communication skills
- A strong grasp of content strategy fundamentals and experience establishing pre- to post-production goals and objectives (e.g. content gap analysis, content plan, evaluation, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail, precision and ability to synthesize information while grasping technical concepts and making them easily understandable
- 2+ years experience in technical writing and structuring language to respond to audience needs
- A resourceful approach to projects; you’re proactive and great at self-assigning tasks
- A desire to roll up your sleeves – you’ll have to be good at managing your priorities as well as flexible amongst ambiguity
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative work style; we are a distributed team with members working in-office and remotely, and we often work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders across Shopify
It would be great if you also have:
- A solid understanding of the Shopify platform
- Experience creating, classifying and maintaining knowledge within a program
- Degree in Computer Science, Technical Communication, English, a related technical discipline, or relevant professional experience.
You’ll be working on:
- Playing an integral role in building out a high-impact program at Shopify through brainstorming, planning, and contributing to the overall strategy
- Leading designated projects to further grow the Merchant Acceleration program
- Developing and delivering quality technical content by researching, synthesizing, and writing technical documentation through a variety of media
- Working with vetted subject matter experts, partners, and other teams to develop live online workshops, modules, user guides, technical manuals, and other course content
- Working with Merchant Acceleration team members to edit, review, provide feedback, and stress-test content
- Empowering others who works at Shopify Plus to write their own great content by contributing to training, learning resources, and other opportunities
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career
How to apply:
If you want to help us shape the future of learning in commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please include a few samples of your previous technical writing pieces. If you really want to stand out, create a resource (using any medium) for the following scenario and share with us:
Merchants often struggle with displaying custom messages on the order status page of checkout, specifically for customers in different countries. Using liquid documentation, create a resource that helps merchants understand how to do this. *Hint: use a case/when flow tag for efficiency.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way! If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.