We’re an early-stage media-tech startup based in Sydney looking to change the way information is delivered and consumed by making the most popular form of content on the web - video - more intelligent and more interconnected with the rest of the web.
What We’re Building
Hyperflow.tv is a next-generation video tagging platform for connecting people with knowledge and services through media. We use a combination of human and machine intelligence to understand what’s happening inside videos and cross-index them with relevant content and services from all over the web.
While the core technology can be applied to multiple different use cases, the primary one we’re initially targeting is interactivity - making the things inside videos accessible and actionable to viewers so they can connect with the people, places and things that interest them while they watch.
What We’re Looking For
Full-time or part-time workers with a minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in:
- Semantic Web Technologies/Applications - Linked Data, Virtuoso, Semantic Search, Recommender Systems
- Knowledge Representation & Querying - Knowledge Graph Creation and Maintenance, Ontology Development, Data Integration, RDF, Microformats, JSON-LD, MondoDB, SPARQL
- Information Retrieval - Text, Web & Social Media Mining
- Machine/Deep Learning - Machine Learning Algorithms and Platforms, Neural Networks
And ideally 3+ years in one or more of the following areas:
- Language - Natural Language Processing, Named Entity Recognition, Classification
- Vision - Computer Vision, Object Recognition/Tracking, Optical Character Recognition, Video Analytics
- Sound - Speech To Text, Speaker Diarisation, Speech Recognition
- Video - HTML5 Video, MPEG formats, Video Processing, Transcoding, Content Delivery
What You’ll Do
As the all-important Tech Lead you’ll be in charge of:
- Taking ownership of the product roadmap and guiding it from prototyping into production and beyond
- Building on and extending the existing system architecture to accomodate new product features
- Training and implementing extraction algorithms and optimising the content enrichment pipeline
- Working with the product and design teams to effectively identify and find solutions for customer needs
- Recruitment and management of the technical team (including both local and remote workers)
- English-speaking (Full Working Proficiency) with strong communication skills
- Experience building, provisioning, and deploying services in the cloud (AWS / GCP) in an automated fashion
- Experienced with version control systems.
- Experience with development and integration of REST APIs (GraphQL a bonus)
- Track record of building and maintaining production data science models, services, pipelines or data stores
- Experienced in designing, building, implementing and optimising machine learning solutions
- Prior startup experience
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or AI-based field
- Opportunity to explore exciting new technologies in a greenfield environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- First in to get the best employee options/equity