Objective Subject is looking for a Strategy and Engagement Manager to join our small, creative and civically-minded team.
At Objective Subject we want to use design to improve the way the world works, with clear visual identities and digital experiences for public and private sectors http://www.objectivesubject.com/why/. We’re looking for someone who can tell the story of design’s benefits, build relationships with existing and future clients, and get involved in all aspects of our small business. You may not come from a digital background, but if you’re interested in design and the world, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a problem solver, is articulate (verbally and on paper), a good communicator and is a ‘people-person’
- Is able to take a strategic view of business and client needs, and can translate these into clear briefs for designers
- Is organized and can lead and manage projects, working closely with visual designers and project managers to deliver quality products for clients
- Is proactive, takes the initiative and can shape their own role
- 3-5 years experience working in a strategy, digital, non-profit or public sector role
- Research skills
- Ability to analyze and assimilate research findings into insights, recommendations and narratives
- Planning skills and experience
- Ability to see the ‘bigger picture’, with a knowledge and awareness of the world at large and its many challenges
- Experience in a digital team or agency
- Familiarity with user-centered design principles
- Knowledge of web development technologies
- Writing experience
- Content strategy experience
Other things we look for:
- Creative approach: The ability to challenge norms, to rewrite the brief and to ask questions of oneself.
- Good spirits: We're casual, relaxed and cheery. Chemistry is everything.
- Readiness: We have some fun work waiting for you. Let’s meet.
Though no two days are the same, a typical day might involve:
- Presenting research findings and strategy proposals to a client
- Interviewing people to understand user needs, organizational idiosyncrasies and brand characteristics
- Conducting brand and market audits
- Contributing to a critique of visual and web design work
- Writing a proposal for a new project, and pitching it to a prospective client
- Writing blog posts as part of the communications strategy you have crafted