At LeanKit, we deliver a product that helps our customers make work visible and transparent, enables collaboration, and provides the data needed to make smarter decisions. We visualize our own work, and enjoy sharing how and why we do it. We are constantly learning and seeking to continuously improve our products, our company, and ourselves. We work to teach our potential market the value of visual management, how it applies to their industries and functions, and to center our efforts around enterprise customers. In short - we transform how people do their work, and have experienced that transformation ourselves as we’ve built our product.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with our web applications team to build API & other back-end services. We have a solid group of top notch problem solvers, and we'd like you to join us in having a substantial impact on our product. We are serious about collaborating, encouraging innovation both in the product as well as how we build it, committed to writing well-tested software and to the growth of our team through pairing and code reviews.
While we're based in Franklin, TN, we are open to both local and remote (within the US) candidates!
What you will do:
- Write & maintain node.js applications, focused primarily on RESTful API services and data access.
- Work both independently and also pairing with other developers.
- Write unit and integration tests, & participate in code reviews (both as reviewer and reviewee).
- Measure API and data access performance, and tune services to address performance concerns.
- Work with both frontend and backend teams to determine solutions & break down work from high level requirements into actionable tasks.
- Participate as a mentor and thought leader to other web developers.
Skills And Qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work remote effectively with availability to travel onsite 3-4 times per year
- 5+ years experience with node.js preferred - or a mix of node.js and experience with other platforms (Ruby, Java, C#/.NET)
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Strong proficiency with Git
- Strong experience with test-driven-development
- Strong grasp of HTTP & REST
- Experience with Express and/or other node.js web/api frameworks
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ or ZeroMQ
- Experience with .NET
- Experience with non-relational storage engines (redis, etc.)
- Experience with micro services