Senior Python ETL Developer
Gorilla Logic is working with our client, who is an industry leader in providing fixed asset management services, to help build their team of highly intelligent and capable engineers. We are looking for a Sr. Python ETL Developer, who will work with a team of engineers building and maintaining our customer’s ETL environment. Based anywhere in the continental US, this is a key role within our customer’s engineering team, requiring extensive web development using Python/Django. Our environment will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
- Work with team members to create an ETL architecture
- Build and maintain ETL scripts using Python
- Work with others to enhance and maintain existing ETL scripts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of software development
- 3+ years of Python development experience
- 2+ years of ETL scripting
- 3+ years of Oracle PL/SQL experience including writing stored procedures and complex queries
- Experience building Python applications that read from relational databases is required
- Experience with Kafka, Apache Spark, MemSQL and/or HTFS is a big plus
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
- W2 Hourly position: Gorilla Logic offers amazing health benefits and 401k with matching!
- Long Term project
- Work remotely in the US or out of our very cool office at La Sabana, in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Work to start immediately; Flexible for a 2 week notice
- Perks: Product ownership, fun environment, close-knit team, and endless opportunities within Gorilla Logic!
Gorilla Logic provides custom application development services on the ground and in the cloud to many of the world's leading software-driven organizations. It has a rich history of applying software engineering best practices to reduce the time and cost of delivering high-quality, full-featured applications with advanced functionality. Its technical leadership in mobile, rich Internet and enterprise applications showcases its broad commitment to software development best practices and quality.