ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all users, from small companies to enterprise, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
We are currently seeking a talented Full Stack Developer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user database. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development. Work with amazing people on an amazing product!
What Your Day Could Consist of:
- Working on a cross-functional team, to implement new features in the ActiveCampaign platform
- Brainstorming with a dynamic team to flush out new ideas or investigate tricky bugs
- Rapidly responding to and resolving debugging issues from client concerns
- Building RESTful API endpoints with JSON payloads
- Participating in morning stand-up sessions and regular planning meetings
- Roll out a new feature and analyze (and react) to the results you discover from our system services and end user feedback
- Writing test to ensure your code continues to function reliably
- Participating and giving and receiving meaningful feedback in code reviews
- Be creative in your approach, don’t settle for the first solution, search for the right one
- Optimizing existing functionality for improved response times
What we are looking for:
- Extensive and proven experience with an object orientated language (PHP, Ruby, Java, etc.) and a relational database. PHP experience is a plus
- Experience interacting with distributed systems a plus (Queuing Services, Message Notifications Services, File Stores, NoSQL Databases)
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus (i.e., Laravel, Lumen, Symfony, RoR)
- Experience with ORM frameworks a plus (i.e., Doctrine, Eloquent, ActiveRecord)
- Experience writing automated tests a plus
- Care about the end user experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Being able to take a general idea and add your own insight and tweaks to it.
At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few).