Sr. DevOps Engineer
Gorilla Logic is working with our client, who is an industry leader in providing fixed asset management services, to help build their team of highly intelligent and capable engineers. Our client is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer, working on their continuous integration and deployment systems. This is a unique and highly technical role, requiring extensive experience with continuous integration, Docker, Git, Maven, Linux and application deployment. Our environment will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
- Work with the DevOps team to develop and execute a plan that migrates Java application build/deployment environments from AnthillPro/SVN to Jenkins/GitHub/Docker
- Design, implement and maintain a highly scalable web application infrastructure with Amazon Web Services
- Design, implement and maintain a continuous integration environment
- Deploy and maintain product releases
- Work as an active participant in an Agile development environment; attend daily standups, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years experience building and managing a continuous integration environment such as Jenkins, CircleCI or TravisCI
- 3+ years of Linux experience including experience with shell scripting, networking, storage and release management
- 2+ years experience managing a continuous integration environment with Jenkins; experience with CloudBees Enterprise is a big plus
- 1+ years experience managing a build environment that incorporates Docker in the build process
- 1+ years experience with Git and GitHub, preferably GitHub Enterprise
- 2+ years experience managing a build, test and deployment environment for Java applications using Maven and Tomcat and/or JBoss
- Experience with Docker Swarms is a big plus
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
- Type of Employment: W2 Employment
- Length: 3 Month Contract with option to extend
- Location: Prefer Los Angeles, CA area (client is in Pasadena, CA) but will consider remote for exceptional candidates
- Availability: Immediately Available, Flexible for 2 weeks notice
- Perks: Fun Environment, close-knit team, endless opportunities within company, start up feeling office, very cool product
Gorilla Logic provides custom application development services on the ground and in the cloud to many of the world's leading software-driven organizations. It has a rich history of applying software engineering best practices to reduce the time and cost of delivering high-quality, full-featured applications with advanced functionality. Its technical leadership in mobile, rich Internet and enterprise applications showcases its broad commitment to software development best practices and quality.