The Cheat Sheet is dedicated to providing audiences the information they want in an approachable, entertaining way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about trending and popular topics to bring you the most up-to-date guides, reviews, lists, and advice.
The Cheat Sheet is looking for a full-time Sports Senior Editor to join our team and focus on managing our Sports Vertical while working to improve formatting, visuals, angle and prose for our monthly audience of over 14 million unique visitors. This role reports directly to our Managing Editor and is responsible for managing a dynamic team of freelance and full-time writers and editors. This person needs to be ambitious, flexible, eager to learn and grow as a leader at The Cheat Sheet.
As our Sports Senior Editor you will:
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment.
- Manage a complex and dynamic editorial process.
- Lead a team of writers and editors through the content creation process.
- Work with the Managing Editor and Sports team to create content targeted at distribution channels.
- Be responsible for the performance of your team
What makes The Cheat Sheet great?
- We are a recognized media leader with more than 14 million monthly readers: Our site has been named to Inc’s 2016 5000 list and is a listed as a Quantcast Top 125 Site.
- We are a tight-knit team, passionate about our product and striving to be experts in our field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are a young, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At The Cheat Sheet, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means you can live wherever you want and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, health insurance, and 401(k) matching.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience managing writers and / or editors.
- Experience with content management and content planning.
- An understanding of the digital media business and industry.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other content analytics tools.
- A background in and passion for content creation and editing.
- A working knowledge of on-page SEO best practices.
- Familiarity with WordPress or another CMS.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
- The ability to work remotely without direct, day-to-day oversight.
- The ability to work closely with a team of remote employees.
- A passion for and deep understanding of Sports.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please apply here.