Chef is building the best infrastructure automation platform on the planet. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
The Chef service layer, including the REST API, is written in Erlang and talks to a PostgreSQL database. Our web interface is written in AngularJS. We use Ruby and Chef for build automation, testing, and deployment.
Who we are:
We’re some of the world’s most well-known and respected software developers, systems architects and operations engineers, who have built, designed and operated web applications you’re probably using right now.
We use kanban to help us visualize our work and improve our process. Features and fixes are written as pull requests and reviewed by the team. Code review is an essential part of our process; work is not complete unless it is tested. We encourage pair programming on production code to enable a seamless workflow.
Our engineering team is remote first. Allowing us to not only live where we will be most productive, but enables us to create a work environment that celebrates all of our humanity. We celebrate the difference of perspective this brings and the barriers it removes.
Who you are:
- You like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products.
- You are comfortable using command line tools for Linux system administration.
- You’re familiar with XP practices (Pairing, Test Driven Development).
- You are passionate about creating remarkable products.
- Experience working remotely is preferred.
- 3+ years experience in Systems Engineering / Administration with firm understanding of Operating Systems, Cloud, Network and Container architectures.
- 3+ years experience with working in the field of IT Security & Compliance
- Experience with cloud and virtualization services (AWS, Azure, VMWare etc.)
- Experience with version control (e.g. git) is preferable
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and web services is a plus.
- Experience in high availability design and troubleshooting a plus.
- A love for debugging complex technical issues at every level of a modern application stack.
If this sounds like a team you’d enjoy working with and technology you want to spend time on, for a product you can get behind, get in touch!
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.