A Software Quality Engineer at Confluence is responsible for participating on our agile teams as a test engineer. Your focus is to assure the entire team adopts a quality mindset and implements best practices to improve team performance in order to deliver high quality products as a result. This person will be involved with the entire product lifecycle – requirements, design, review and coding, and testing. You’ll work closely with project managers, software engineers, product owners, architects and client services to collaborate and solve business problems in an agile development environment.
What You Will do Here?
- Help shape our products by providing input on user stories and designs and by giving feedback on usability.
- Implement automated and manual test cases with a focus on validating complex calculations, functional scenarios, performance, scalability, and usability
- Work on a cross-functional Scrum team participating in planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos.
- Develop and execute test plans and work with other team members to implement the plan
- Possess the ability to define and apply test methodologies/metrics to ensure that the quality guidelines for the product have been met
- Seek constant improvement of yourself, our products, our software development process, and your team’s performance.
- Mentor Software Engineers and QA Engineers on quality software practices.
What Technical Skills do You Need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or related discipline
- Four or more years professional experience in software development and/or automated testing
- Relational database experience is preferred
- Proven automation skills using a test automation tool (Selenium or Test Complete would be a plus). Experience with Visual Studio’s Web Performance and Load Test or a related performance testing tool is preferred.
- Experience with Scrum or another Agile methodology is required
- Exceptional communication, leadership, organizational and teamwork skills with strong desire and ability to deliver results
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud hosting solutions
We are looking for someone with a strong willingness to learn continuously and take ownership and accountability. A successful team member will appreciate mentoring others and have a willingness to be mentored. We require a sound decision maker that utilizes knowledge of business to drive decisions with a great sense of commitment in doing the job right the first time.
Potential remote employees must have experience working as a remote team member. Success delivering high-quality software and collaborative teamwork while working from a home-office must be demonstrated.
Confluence’s company culture and values guide our decisions, whether it’s about product, brand or people. So if you are an ambassador of Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service to others and have the skills and interest, we would love to hear from you.
Confluence Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who is Confluence?
We are a Software Product Company. We produce cloud products that help investment companies optimize and control the information they need to manage their investment products. We are a company made up of exceptionally talented individuals who know what it means to work as a team. We seek the best engineers regardless of their location. While we are headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania we have many team members working remotely across the United States. Our Agile working environment fosters collaboration across our dispersed teams. This environment allows everyone to bring their A game to create great software products and services that clients highly value. Confluence provides an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, client-focused, growth environment using state of the art software technologies, tools and processes.