Job ID 310733
At SUSE we’re building the next-generation cloud platforms based on Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry. The SUSE Cloud Application Platform engineering team is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join us on the journey in designing and building these platforms. You will be contributing to the Cloud Foundry open source project and delivering the world's best enterprise grade application hosting platform. This makes software developer's lives easier and enables them to deliver better software faster.
At SUSE we're strongly committed to open source and contribute to numerous free and open projects and initiatives. We embrace and believe in the open source innovation model and the open source business model. As a member of the SUSE Cloud Application Platform team you will have the opportunity to contribute to and be part of various open source projects like Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, and Helm. You will work together with the communities for these projects and strive to continuously advance the state of the art to meet customer requirements. As a manager you will help mentor, communicate with other teams, and drive the product forward through effective management.
Curiosity and good teamwork are two of the values that drive us as a development team. If you are passionate about these values too, you are likely a great fit for us. As a team, we're constantly finding ways to improve ourselves. We pride ourselves on our communication and teamwork – we're all in this together!
If you bring hands-on experience building complex distributed systems and API driven web services or with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Go that's great. But we expect you to enjoy learning new things as well as you can expect us to provide plenty of opportunity to learn.
Come join us if you want to be part of this.
What you can expect from us
- Working in a team which lives and breathes open source and Linux
- A balance of freedom and responsibility which allows you to take charge of your work
- Working on projects that matter, which are mission-critical for our customers
- An environment and colleagues which help you to learn, to grow, and to have fun
- Two Hackweeks a year, where you are free to work on projects of your choice
What we expect from you
- Hands-on software development experience in a variety of programming languages
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Experience and/or interest in Agile methodologies
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience of working in Linux based environments
- Experience working on production, shipping code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures and design proposals
- Knowledge of Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, Docker containers
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn, Go, Ruby
- Experience with open source development
- Experience with Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS, or Azure) and/or Distributed Systems
- Experience working with a distributed team. We are a diverse team and you will engage with team members across many time zones and cultures.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com
Location: Vancouver, CA Tracking code 2018160 Position Type Full-Time/Regular