Do you like working with a team who is passionate about innovative projects? Do you like the culture of a tech company, but don’t want 80 hour work weeks and an unrealistic work/life balance? We are an outgoing, collaborative team that is focused on quality and using the newest technologies.
You’ll work with a team of 3-5 developers and get a unique opportunity to implement a new generation of scalable and efficient applications to support our quickly growing business. We are located in Fremont/Gasworks park area – enjoy biking to work on the Burke Gilman or take advantage of ample free street parking! We are open to remote employees if you happen to live outside the Seattle area.
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
You are an agile developer who vigilantly challenges yourself and others to come up with better solutions. You are a self-starter and able to outline and achieve goals individually and as a member of a team. You want to be in a position to create value and have a significant impact on the direction of your company by building a massively scalable platform.
Kotis Design is a screen printer, promo product peddler, graphic design firm and warehouse/fulfillment center; but most of all - we are brand evangelists. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising that in the end we always make the Best Shirts & Swag Ever.
For 6 of the last 7 years we've been named one of the Fastest Growing companies in Washington. Merchandise we've created can be found coast-to-coast on the backs of college students and corporate execs alike.
Duties include the following but are not limited to:
- Develop front- and back-end web applications in a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Collaborate with other technology team members on software development, specifically regarding functionality, user experience, and technical design
- Manage deliverables according to approved project plans
- Participate in code maintenance, bug fixes, and various cross-functional roles with quality assurance
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- 2-3 years of professional software development
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Experience with the following a plus: jQuery, TDD/BDD, mobile development, E-commerce, designing an API, Postgres or Redis
- Located in one of the following states or willing to relocate to one of the following states: OH, CA, WA, IL
Kotis offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) with match with Roth and Traditional options
- Robust PTO program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Advancement opportunities
- Energetic and comfortable work environment with a dynamic culture