Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Software Engineer, Protein Sciences, Genentech Research
Protein Sciences is looking for a full-stack Software Engineer to participate in cross-product software architecture design and implementation. This candidate will be proactive and detail-oriented with strong technical skills, excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Design, develop and implement programs and applications for integration of multiple data sources, manipulation and report
- Optimize existing tools and web application solutions
- Collaborate with scientists to understand workflows, collect requirements and design solutions
- Perform prototyping, application tests and code optimization to ensure product excellence
- Write clean, robust, maintainable, documented code using best engineering practices
- Practice agile methodology to ensure reliable and modular code
Who You Are
- Full-stack engineer with at least Bachelor degree in computer science or software engineering
- Experience working in Agile development environment
- Database design: Oracle, MongoDB
- Proficiency in software lifecycle management tools; maintaining version control with Git and tracking with Atlassian tools (or similar)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.