What do you think about working on systems that process thousands of customer payments a day with industry-leading authorization rates? Or what about protecting customers by providing solutions that detect and prevent malicious activity? Zoosk is looking for a software engineer to join our growing Payment Systems team, which is responsible for driving all payment processing and financial reconciliation at Zoosk. This is a critical role in the, engineering organization and represents a great opportunity for an engineer to hone their skills on a high-volume, mission critical system.
- Design, code and maintain software libraries that process Zoosk financial transactions for millions of users. Produce code that provides access to data, job scheduling, business logic and reporting.
- Own significant portions of the codebase and monitor its performance in the production environment.
- Collaborate with other engineers and the product team to define clear software deliverables and establish milestones for projects.
- Integrate your code with third-party APIs.
- Identify opportunities to improve Zoosk software infrastructure and security. Research technologies and generate proof of concepts for review.
Who we look for:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or something related.
- Have worked for 2+ years of professional industry experience building web-based, data-driven software systems
- Proficient in at least one industry-adopted language. Prefer candidates with experience in PHP or Java in a traditional LAMP stack, but not required.
- Practical experience with relational databases and large data sets, particularly with MySQL databases
- Bonus if you have experience with AWS Cloud Services (EC2, RDS / Aurora, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SQS, ...) and APM tools such as New Relic.
- Know a bit about payment processing, accounting practices, and PCI compliance but this is not a requirement. We prefer a software engineer with strong CS fundamentals eager to apply these in a high-volume environment where performance and accuracy are critical.
Zoosk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Zoosk’s Core Values: Don’t stop caring. Be a doer. We’re better together. Speak up. We say no to the status quo. If there’s fun to be had, then have it.
Zoosk is a leading online dating company in San Francisco founded by two engineers in 2007. After ten years, we have 40 million users in 80 countries exchanging millions of messages in 25 different languages every single day.
Senior Embedded Linux Developer with C/Python -- 100%...