Build the interfaces that connect people with AgFlow.
As AgFlow looks beyond the API and data, we are hiring engineers to become number one common index for everything having to do with agriculture trade. From constructing intuitive search to making sophisticated reports, AgFlow aims to provide great interfaces for understanding complex agriculture domain in simple steps and making this extracted knowledge easily accessible. Aggregated data by AgFlow is skyrocketing such that new data types are analyzed quarterly, new data sources are acquired weekly in addition to increase in the amount of data from each data source.
AgFlow’s time sensitive data is served to customers via a web-based platform and soon API services. We now seek to onboard a Machine Learning specialist who can take our data model, integration processes, search and analytics to the next level.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Build new features for internal and external users; API, admin dashboard, search everything, anomaly detector bot, etc.
- Build and leverage tools to integrate and explore data from multiple sources; PDFs, tweets, API, various chat systems, etc.
- Intelligent and robust workers to extract information from many volatile sources. There might be many different conventions between sources but preferably, it should be able to transfer knowledge to unseen sources.
- Automatic outlier detection. For example, we provide an interface for contributors to update their prices directly but human mistakes could happen even if values seem legitimate.
- Automatically learn significant and insignificant details of prices so that multiple prices can be combined to create a reference point. *Generation of future looking curve of a reference point backed by science.
- Learn user behavior to do auto correction in searches and relevant recommendations for markets, trade flows, etc.
- Notify cheating if an account is being used by multiple users.
- Passion for growing in a team and ability to think and execute at multiple attitudes: from strategy and vision to tiny implementation details
- Enjoy being a generalist working on both the frontend, backend and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Uphold best practices in engineering and design with focusing practicality 3 Experience in modern machine learning libraries (Caffe2, Tensorflow, etc.) and productionizing machine learning model is a plus
AgFlow is helping to make agricultural knowledge online, understandable and to be easily acted on
AgFlow is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core agriculture market knowledge, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills and backgrounds - from reliably handling of acquisition of data from different mediums (API, CSV, EXCEL, PDF, HTML scraping), cleaning and normalizing data into one carefully designed model, making inferences by learning from it and creating interfaces to enable everybody to take knowledgeable decision in the market.
Due to domain complexity, AgFlow is working with multiple domain experts. Developers are always in contact to discuss ins and outs of each feature with them. This benefits developers to learn details of trade and agriculture.
We use a lot of open source projects but unfortunately we can't contribute back as much as we want due to limitation of resources but you can be a part of change in this direction.
We look at AgFlow as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help others. We also have a culture of transparency that we care with utmost priority.
Our culture and this write-up are inspired by Stripe
Job Type: Full-time