Are you ready to change the world?
Meru Health was founded in late 2015 with a big vision to help and empower people living with depression. Depression is one of the largest health problems of the modern world. We are a fast-paced startup funded by the top European VC's and we are based on a strong value base.
1. We are positive, passionate and persistent
2. We believe in beautiful user-centric design
3. We are transparent and honest
4. We are driving the changes we want to see in the World
Why we do it?
Depression is a huge, expensive and growing problem for millions of people.
There are ca. 350 million people suffering from depression around the world and depression is the leading cause of disability (WHO 2016) 5-7% of people are annually diagnosed with depression in developed countries.
There is a great need for accessible and scalable solutions to treat depression - this is where digital therapeutics and Meru Health come in!
We are currently working on:
- Mobile app for iOS and Android built with React Native
- Patient data analytics tools and algorithms to improve care
- Therapist dashboard built with React + Webpack
- Server infrastructure to support real-time communication, top-level security and scalability built on top of Node.js + Postgresql
What we expect from you?
- Alignment with our values
- Experience with React.js or other front end frameworks
- Interest in improving lives of others' and making a positive impact through own work
- Passion for learning new things every day
- Ambition for building a high-quality product to be used by millions of patients and be prescribed/recommended by thousands of doctors
It's a plus if you're familiar with or want to learn:
- Developing for iOS or Android
- Developing for Node.js servers and managing server infrastructure
- Developing services that are handling sensitive information
- Postgresql or other SQL databases
- Test Driven Development: Jest, Mocha...
- Continuous Integration: Travis, Jenkins, Jekyll...
What will you get?
- Develop a high-quality mobile consumer service for the international healthcare market
- Practice a design centric approach: come up with solutions and quickly prototype and test them - with users and customers
- Be part of a close knit passionate team that is determined to making an impact
- Great colleagues and environment for professional and personal development
- Fair salary and option package
- We hold a Kick the Shit Out session every month where we give each other brutally honest feedback and provide everyone an opportunity to grow and develop
- We strive to spend a day each month on charity work, such as playing Christmas songs at an orphanage
- We hold team events, such as motocross racing, wall climbing or outdoors activities every once in a while