Software Engineer Internنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 4 أسابيع
At Packlane, we helps customers create impactful custom packaging — and we need you to create the powerful code that makes it all possible. In fact, we’d be OK with you wearing a brightly colored cape at your desk, because you have X-ray vision for detecting bugs and a utility belt full of tools to eradicate them. As the ideal candidate, you understand that inventive and stable software is essential to the continued prosperity of our business — and also result in web experiences more forceful than a locomotive.
Consider Packlane a unique challenge – you’ll be in collaborating on code that allows people with a range of design knowledge (from novice to expert craftsman) to create a product that truly helps them tell their business’s brand story. It’s a big job, but the intern we’re looking for will be excited to work on a career-defining start-up that’s pioneering a new approach to designing and manufacturing packaging.
We’re looking for a special someone who’s currently in the pre-junior category who’s looking to convert their potential into fabulous skill. Are you a talented autodidact, changing careers later in life but love building software? Are you a student who works late into the night coding? Join our team as an intern and put your skills to work for good.
What You’ll Do:
- Create. Innovate. Help our small (but ultra-productive!) team build new and wonderful products.
- Build production systems in Elixir and React.js.
- Hone your debugging skills and contribute suggestions to the overall team.
- Utilize unit testing and continuous integration to keep the bugs out.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, department heads and consultants to provide the best user experience possible.
- Pair program with Senior Software Engineers to hone your skills and grow.
- Work 40 hours per week doing the thing you love, building software. Exceptions made for specific candidates that can only do 20+ hrs per week.
- Bend steel with your bare hands (optional).
- A vigorous curiosity and excitement about software engineering.
- An easy-to-work-with attitude, well-organized and highly self-motivated.
- Accountable. Dependable. And all the other good -ables. You know what they are.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong work ethic and a healthy obsession with learning new things.
- Prior internships and proven track record in positions of responsibility.
- Open source contributions to show your capabilities.
- Previous experience on remote teams.
- Students, non-traditional backgrounds, and misfits welcome. We come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome likewise in you.
What You’ll Love About Packlane:
- A chance to try new technologies – Packlane is an opportunity to cut your teeth on a novel technology stack, including innovative development frameworks and cutting-edge functional languages.
- We’re a small team – You’ll be one of few, which means you’ll have a real chance to make an impact. Expect (and hopefully enjoy!) a lot of control and influence over product decisions and prioritization.
- You’ll help build our future – We’ve got a lot of ambitious projects in the works, from building manufacturing infrastructure from the ground up, to implementing robust order management systems that orchestrate an intricate production flow, and you’ll be at the forefront of it all.
- Flexibility – We’re an international team who appreciates the freedom to work remotely/from home when we need to, and we value getting everyone together in-person for the occasional company retreat.
- Hourly Pay – Packlane not only believes in growth and development, but a livable wage as well.
Principles only. We will not accept recruiter referrals for this position.
|تفاصيل الوظيفة||متطلبات الوظيفة|
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|