Here at Confluence we build software products that help investment companies optimize and control the information they need to manage their investment products. We are a client-focused company and we believe the best way to bring the great software to our clients is to hire great people to our team. Our development teams are fast-paced, highly motivated, highly skilled, and empowered to do whatever is needed to just get things done. While we are located on the North Shore in Pittsburgh, PA we welcome great people to our team from anywhere in the world.
What You Will Do
- Use software industry best practices to deliver solid, maintainable software by conducting code reviews, writing unit tests, automating continuous integration and deployment systems, etc.
- Solve interesting and challenging problems by applying solid design and architectural patterns, as well as work with other software engineers that can do the same
- Work on a cross-functional Scrum team of software engineers, QA engineers, architects, product owners, and tech writers by participating in planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Provide input to Product Owner and Scrum Master on scope and estimate of User Stories
- Take responsibility for timely completion of software tasks identifying alternative approaches or work-arounds when problems are encountered
- Mentor software engineers and QA team members on technology and software practices
Who You Are
First and foremost you're a great software engineer, someone who not only strives to keep up on the latest trends from the industry but also looks at software development as something more than "getting it to work". You have a knack for making software maintainable, believe that testing is as important as building functionality, and love working with a cross-functional agile team to pivot the best software to the market. Qualities we typically look for are:
- Solid experience in an object-orient language, such as C#, Java, etc
- Experience with dependency injection and unit testing frameworks
- Past participation on Scrum/Agile teams
- Relational database development experience
- A strong desire to learn and continuously develop
- Experience delivering products from inception to completion
- Passion for mentoring other team members
Experience we'd prefer, but don't require:
- .NET, C#, Sql Server, or Oracle
- Experience with legacy VB6 applications
We are seeking Software Engineers at an Entry and Intermediate level. Demonstrated success rather than years of experience is used to differentiate roles within our technical ladder.
Potential remote employees must have experience working as a remote team member. Success delivering high-quality software and collaborating with an agile team, while working from a home-office, must be demonstrated.
Confluence's company culture and values guide our decisions, whether it's about product, brand or people. So if you are an ambassador of Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service to others and have the skills and interest, we would love to hear from you.
Who is Confluence?
We are a Software Product company. We produce cloud products that help investment companies optimize and control the information they need to manage their investment products. We are a company made up of exceptionally talented individuals who know what it means to work as a team. We seek the best engineers regardless of their location. While we are headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania we have team members working remotely across the United States. Our Agile working environment fosters collaboration across our dispersed teams. This environment allows everyone to bring their “A game” to create great software products and services that clients highly value. Confluence provides an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, client-focused, growth environment using state of the art software technologies, tools and processes.