We are looking for an entrepreneurial engineer that is passionate about large data and AI. Someone, who can apply their technical prowess to help Fresno build out our unique platform. This is a fantastic opportunity for an engineer with a clear vision of how they would like to build things and the technical chops to do just that. Our smart, experienced leadership team is one that empowers developers to pursue new ideas. If you have always dreamed of working with a clean page and building innovative technology, then this is a gig you should think long and hard about.
We're looking for fast learners who want to get their hands dirty, quickly; who know when to duct tape and when not to (think like a hacker, ship like a pro); who don't mind being wrong occasionally; and who are intrigued by the overall space we're in. You'd be a foundational member of our growing engineering team and have a significant opportunity to influence our culture and growth, as well as immense impact on the company.
- Architect, implement, deploy and manage large scale data platform in production.
- Interface with Engineers, Product Managers and Product Analysts to understand product goals and data needs.
- Support critical data processes running in production.
- Help build and scale our internal and external Python APIs.
- Design, build and launch new data models and ETL services in production.
- Investigate and debug performance and reliability issues across the stack.
- MS/BS in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years experience in the large scale data space (spark, hive, flink, hadoop, kaftka, …).
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of distributed systems.
- 3+ years non-relational data store experience (i.e. Cassandra, Big Query, Redshift, Athena)
- 4+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages and exceptional coding skills in
- Python, Scala, Go, or other languages - Python preferred.
- Familiar with ETL or ELT design, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience with schema design and multidimensional data modeling.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (i.e. MySQL, Postgres).
- 4+ years experience in writing SQL statements.
- Experience working in the Amazon Web Services ecosystem
- Ability to take ambiguous data questions and translate it into a clear analytical plan.
- Ability to identify what is important and what is not
- Highly skilled at data visualizations (not necessary, but a big plus)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
As a digital content studio created with meaning, Fresno is the metaphorical and physical meeting point of Hollywood and Silicon Valley. California is home to two of the planet’s truly global businesses: Entertainment and Technology. Only 291 miles apart, these two businesses often have complementary goals, other times they have no idea what the other is rambling on about. Fresno was created to be the conduit between these two worlds.
SOME COOL THINGS ABOUT US:
- We will pay you well
- Help you stay healthy by paying for your health insurance
- We let you go on vacation and then pay you when you are on one
- We are less than a mile from the best banh mi’s in Los Angeles
- We have a bar next door and you can get our Wi-Fi signal there
Salary: commensurate with experience; Job Type: Full-time; Location: Santa Monica, CA
Fresno is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Fresno is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.