SUMMARY - Software Engineer The Software Engineer's primary responsibility is to develop new and upgrade existing internal programs and software that help facilitate the device testing and inventory processes. This role will also include some web development tasks including working with APIs from various companies (including but not limited to eBay, Amazon, USPS, FedEx, etc.) to integrate our internal systems with theirs. Currently, the devices we handle are consumer electronics (including but not limited to phones, iPads, and other such gadgets) so basic knowledge of these items is required, though this list may expand in the future. This position works under general supervision and interacts with upper management daily.
Please note, we are looking for in-house development, not remote. Candidates will need to be local to us in Eden Prairie, MN
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new and upgrade existing software to facilitate testing and inventory control processes, seeking to automate as many tasks as possible for the team.
- Analyze existing code base to ensure optimal language(s) are used, potentially converting existing code to a different language.
- Work with upper management to address bugs, issues, or other such problems as they arise.
- Pivot between multiple different projects as needed, taking lead on each one.
- Assist with development of website and backend integrations.
- Develop tools for Android and iOS platforms that achieve the above.
- Communicate all issues to upper management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause a loss to the company or its associates.
- Work closely with other team members of all departments to ensure that all software needs are met.
BASIC & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Previous software development experience required.
- Knowledge of Excel a plus, but not required.
- Previous experience with mobile device testing or refurbishment preferred.
- Working knowledge of mobile operating systems (Android, iOS, Windows, etc.) and their development languages highly preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required, college preferred.
- Must be available to work for extended periods during high volume periods (up to 8 hours per day, with possibility of weekend shifts) or to address "business critical" issues.
- Experience with aforementioned APIs (eBay, Amazon, USPS, FedEx) is ideal.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English.
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and shift task priorities if necessary.
Salary will be based on experience, competence, and proven efficiency.