A Software Engineer at Confluence, working either in our Pittsburgh, PA office or remotely, creates software applications, prototypes, and other technical artifacts for use by customers, other engineers and non-technical team members. This person works from user stories and architectural specifications created by product owners and software architects. This person spends their time doing hands on coding while openly communicating with other members of the project team. This position works across the entire web application technology stack from UI to business layer to data storage.
What Will You Do?
- Work with software engineers, QA, architects and tech writers to design and build high quality software that delivers great value to our Clients.
- Use software industry best practices and tools to code, test, debug and release software products.
- Work on a cross-functional Scrum team participating in planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos.
- Provide input to Product Owner and Scrum Master on scope and size of User Stories.
- Take responsibility for timely completion of software tasks identifying alternative approaches or work-arounds when problems are encountered.
- Seek constant improvement of Confluence’s products, software engineering process and teams as well as continuous development and growth of your skills.
- Mentor Software Engineers and QA team members on technology and software practices.
What Technical Skills Do You Need?
We are seeking Software Engineers with 2-6 years of software development experience with a demonstrated ability to keep current with the rapid pace of technology advancement.
These base technical skills are needed:
- Experience developing complex software applications and web services using C# and .Net
- Experience with Azure or related cloud solution is preferred.
- Familiarity with software development best practices such as unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration.
- Experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies.
- Relational database design experience and familiarity with NoSQL databases like MongoDB is desirable.
A successful team member will appreciate mentoring others and has a willingness to be mentored. We require a sound decision maker that utilizes knowledge of business to drive decisions with a great sense of commitment in doing the job right the first time. We are looking for someone with a strong willingness to learn continuously and take ownership and accountability.
Potential remote employees must have experience working as a remote team member. Success delivering high-quality software and collaborating with an agile team, while working from a home-office, must be demonstrated.
Confluence's company culture and values guide our decisions, whether it's about product, brand or people. So if you are an ambassador of Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service to others and have the skills and interest, we would love to hear from you.
Who is Confluence?
We are a Software Product Company. We produce cloud products that help investment companies optimize and control the information they need to manage their investment products. We are a company made up of exceptionally talented individuals who know what it means to work as a team. We seek the best engineers regardless of their location. While we are headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania we have many team members working remotely across the United States. Our Agile working environment fosters collaboration across our dispersed teams. This environment allows everyone to bring their A game to create great software products and services that clients highly value. Confluence provides an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, client-focused, growth environment using state of the art software technologies, tools and processes.