FanDuel is the pioneer of online daily fantasy sports, one of the fastest growing sectors of the sports and entertainment industry. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve been disrupting the fantasy sports industry and changing the way millions of people experience sports.
As an Elixir developer, you will be developing FanDuel’s new real-time game format, representing the next generation of casual fantasy sports newest real-time applications and services using cutting-edge tools on a battle-tested platform. We’re looking for a highly proficient and productive Software Engineer with a strong desire to build high quality, robust applications that users love.
We are looking for passionate technologists and the ideal candidates will possess excellent communication skills, have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems, make decisions with minimal direction and be eager to learn from and educate others.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and maintaining complex applications and services using Elixir, Erlang/OTP, and Phoenix
- Working with developers, product managers, designers and others to ensure features are delivered to a high standard
- Keep security, performance, reliability, and fault-tolerance in mind at all times
- Contribute to development team working practices and technology decisions
- Broadening your architectural/domain knowledge by working on other parts of the FanDuel infrastructure
- Prototyping new features, services, and applications
Characteristics of a successful candidate:
- Building, maintaining, and deploying scalable, concurrent, high-availability systems for the Internet
- Designing and interacting with large transactional relational databases
- Building RESTful web APIs
- Continuous deployment, continuous integration, and code review processes
- Working in highly collaborative Agile-style teams
- Source control management (we use Git)
- Unix terminal
- Building massively multiplayer games
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning and development opportunities
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- 401K plan
- 100% coverage of health insurance premiums
- Stock Options
There’s more, but we don’t want to go on and on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don’t tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.