Joining BuildingConnected means working with the best and brightest to create the first professional network for general contractors, subcontractors and building owners. We’re a fast-growing startup looking for talented people who think differently and love what they do. Our mission: connect every business and professional in the $2 trillion AEC Industry.
Traditionally, businesses in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction have struggled to keep pace with technology and desperately need more efficient means of communicating. Clunky, ugly, and slow tools have become an unfortunate standard. We believe this underserved industry deserves better, beautiful, modern, and user-friendly software.
Our products are now happily used by over 375,000 working professionals to manage over $1.5B in commercial construction projects per day. As our network rapidly expands across North America, we’re looking for a few select people to join our small team. This is a great opportunity to join a growing startup with a massive upside!
As software engineers at BuildingConnected, our job is simple: we create efficiency. Whether it’s indexing millions of American businesses for lightning quick search, optimizing the transfer of terabytes of architectural drawings, or building clean new UIs to manage thousands of business opportunities, we pride ourselves in creating efficiency through code. If you like effecting change on a global scale and want to work with an awesome team that is building truly useful products for people in a hard working industry, we should chat.
Our Tech Stack
Although not required, experience with any of the following technologies we use on a daily basis is preferred:
- React / Redux
- MongoDB / ElasticSearch / Redis / Redshift
- Docker / Heroku / AWS
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 3-6 years of professional engineering experience in a production environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A desire to teach and a willingness to learn
- Collaborate on a large, reliable, readable codebase.
- Code review on a daily basis and push to production just as often.
- Work closely with talented PMs and Designers to produce refreshing new products.
- Work hard and have a lot of fun.
What We Can Offer:
- Supportive, smart, motivated co-workers and a fun office environment
- Full medical / dental / vision, etc
- 401K plan
- Endless snacks and beer
- Dog friendly office
- Unlimited PTO & sick leave - work hard, take a break when you need