PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Developer - assumes an instrumental role as part of a diverse, international team. This individual will be a key contributor in many facets of a fast growing segment of our company. The primary assignment is software development on commercial products offered by Glory, other assignments will include consulting with customers on custom projects. This individual will participate in the full life-cycle of software projects, including analysis, design, coding, testing, and support. The projects will focus on enhancing the business applications of Glory's industry leading cash automation equipment.
As part of the role travelling within Germany and Europe is required.
- Use current programming language and technologies, write specifications, participate in software design, write code, and perform testing and debugging of applications;
- Ensure software created and released conforms to quality requirements by accurately writing and executing test plans;
- Investigation and root cause analysis of software and system defects;
- Work on elements of large, complex installations
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance;
- Provide technical consultancy to the Glory Sales team and customers.
- Interact with Glory Software Support to troubleshoot customer production issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field;
- Several years of IT work experience preferably in programming;
- Experience in the Retail Market from a solutions and software perspective is a plus.
- Excellent programming skills; extensive knowledge of C#, C++ and the Microsoft Windows ecosystem required
- Experience with relational databases, especially Microsoft SQL Server required.
- Experience of programming for secure and distributed systems in a networked environment is required.
- Knowledge of Java is a plus.
- Experience in development for Linux Systems a plus.
- Experience in programming to hardware/device interfaces or software like drivers, systems, firmware, and embedded systems is a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Methodical and organized approach to work;
- Fluent in the German language.
- Strong English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of the French language is a bonus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with an ability to clearly communicate technical terms/concepts to non-IT professionals are required.
At Glory Global Solutions, innovation is at the heart of what we do. We bring real innovation to our customers, through technology, process and our people. Through our innovation, we fundamentally change the way cash moves across operations, how staff work, how customers are engaged and the ways in which businesses connect their cash management systems.
Working from more than 20 countries, over 3,000 professionals and specialists deploy knowledge, skills, resources and technology, to ensure that cash moves seamlessly throughout operations, significantly reducing cost whilst transforming staff productivity. Further business development and support through our network of 130 business partners delivers local expertise and understanding worldwide.