Software Developerنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ إسبوعين
Cal Poly Corporation (CPC) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and collaborative software developer, who will have an opportunity to make high impact to our team and organization supporting our commercial and administrative business units, creating new solutions and supporting existing ones. Incumbent must work in the office in San Luis Obispo, CA. This is not a remote or telecommuting position.
Apply today: https://www.calpolycorporationjobs.org/postings/1084
Under the general direction of the IT Director, the Software Developer is responsible for supporting departments in the use of variety of homegrown and vendor-provided software programs to fulfill business objectives efficiently and effectively. As senior level developer, the position designs, develops, implements, trains, maintains, and improves software systems in support of commercial and administrative business units. The incumbent uses modern computer languages and web-oriented development frameworks to develop or maintain web applications. The incumbent is also responsible for supporting vendor-provided systems, as well as writing reports. S/he is responsible for leading system development projects, which are very broad in scope and highly complex in nature, often functioning in a project lead capacity. As project lead, the incumbent is expected to guide a team through all phases of the software development process, including planning, analysis, design, programming, testing, and implementation.
An ideal candidate will have a BS degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field, and has four or more years of experience developing web applications using Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, IoC, and/or other web development oriented languages, tools, and frameworks. S/he has strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Loves solving problems, introducing innovative solutions, and thrives working in a fast-paced environment. Is good-natured and a good fit with the team. You will have an opportunity to make a positive impact on the department and organization. You will be working in a supportive team environment with opportunities for advancement.
The Director of Information Technology has been with the team for 26 years, including 2 years as director and 10 as manager. She embraces open communication, collaborative approach, Lean methodology, DevOps philosophies, Cal Poly’s Learn-by-Doing motto, and learning from experience. She is supportive of individual success as well as that of the team and organization, and believes that happy employees are productive employees that result in satisfied customers.
The position will be a part of seven person technical team, comprised of application development and network systems/ operations groups. Besides the director, the software developer will join a team comprised of an application development manager, a programmer/analyst, a network system manager, two network system analysts, four student technical assistants, and one student developer. The average number of service years for all full time staff is 14.5 years.
The department is a distributed unit supporting the Cal Poly Corporation (CPC), which is the largest auxiliary organization on Cal Poly campus.
Visit CPC’s Benefit page for detailed information. http://www.calpolycorporation.org/humanresources/benefits/
Cal Poly Corporation
Since 1940, Cal Poly Corporation (CPC, corporation), formerly called Cal Poly Foundation, has provided responsible, diverse, and high-quality services to Cal Poly. The CPC is a separate, nonprofit 501© (3) corporation, organized chiefly to support the educational mission of the university. The CPC is self-supporting and does not receive funding from any state sources for its operations. We currently employ more than 1,500 students, faculty, and staff, and produce approx. 4500 W2’s per year, making the CPC one of the largest employers in San Luis Obispo County. To read more about the Cal Poly Corporation, visit the website at http://www.calpolycorporation.org/.
The CPC Board of Directors is a notable and representative group of community leaders, distinguished faculty and staff, and motivated students who are committed to supporting Cal Poly and its educational mission.
Founded in 1901 as a vocational high school, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly) is now one of only two polytechnic universities in the California State University system. Cal Poly currently has a student body of over 20,000 and employees roughly 2,800 faculty and staff.
Cal Poly is nationally ranked teaching university whose guiding philosophy is “learn by doing.” Its students benefit from this practical emphasis, resulting in Cal Poly achieving one of the highest ROI (“return on investment”) of the nation’s public universities. Cal Poly is also one of the largest land-holding universities in the nation. The total acreage of both main campus and off campus locations adds up to almost 10,000 acres. Cal Poly’s on-campus student housing is the largest student-housing program in the California State University system, housing close to 7,000 students. Read more here: https://www.calpoly.edu/about/.
San Luis Obispo
“Halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco on historic Highway 1, SLOenjoys year-round sun, a warm Mediterranean marine climate, a world-class wine region, thousands of acres of protected open space, an award winning downtown filled with charming shops, restaurants and hotels tucked into turn-of-the-century mercantile buildings, and a burgeoning night life and cultural scene.” Read more here: http://visitslo.com/about-slo/.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year university, preferably in computer science or related field
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining full-stack web applications and web application deployment, preferably in Java, Spring, REST/JSON and XML/SOAP APIs
- Demonstrated experience in RESTful services and unit tests with JUnit or Spock Framework
- Demonstrated understanding of coding design patterns and Object Oriented Programming practice and experience in data access frameworks, preferably Hibernate or GORM
- Demonstrated understanding of relational database architecture, structured systems analysis, and design techniques
- Demonstrated database skills and proficiency in writing and tuning SQLstatements
- Demonstrated experience in IIS and Apache Tomcat
- Demonstrated experience performing analysis and programming using industry standard languages, preferably in Java
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with and supporting users effectively
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in recognizing potential problems, identifying alternatives, recommending potential solutions, and escalating issues timely
- Working knowledge of industry-standard testing practices, including automated testing, at all stage of development and at all system levels (unit, integration, and full system), source control tools, preferably GIT, and workflow
- Strong attention to detail with a passion for code quality and design
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, and ability to plan, organize, prioritize and manage competing tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written, and with technical and non-technical staffs, with clarity, patience, tact, courtesy and professionalism
- Ability to self-direct, self-motivate, and work independently with limited direction
- Ability to explore and maintain currency with changing technologies and best practices
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to work off normal business hours as required to meet scheduling objectives and/or resolve critical problems
- Ability to travel occasionally to attend conferences and seminars (Note: Possession of a California driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the Corporation’s insurance underwriters is necessary for use of a Corporation or personal vehicle on business related trips)
- A background check is required for all regular benefited positions
- The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
Cal Poly Corporation provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid sick leave/vacation and holidays. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, educational and employment verification, and reference check, as required.
AA/EEO/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|