Remote Year provides a foundation for professionals to work and explore the world as part of a vibrant global community. We bring together communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to spend a year working, traveling, and exploring 12 cities around the world. Spending one month in each location, communities connect with local cultures and business ecosystems, forming lifelong, borderless personal and professional relationships along the way. Together we are shaping the future of work.
About the Role
We are looking for a strategic Social Media Marketing Coordinator to engage with and increase our global audience of social media followers. The Social Media Marketing Coordinator will support the design, implementation, and measurement of social media strategies aligned with the company’s business objectives. She/he will contribute to the editorial process to improve the impact and value of digital content across Remote Year’s social channels. She/he will provide support for all aspects of social media from planning and content development to implementation, engagement and reporting and metrics.
- Excellent knowledge of current & developing social strategies across social channels with a focus on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Snapchat
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports, highlighting relevant organic social KPI’s
- Optimize social media posting schedule and frequency to obtain maximum impact
- Support an active presence across social and external digital channels and provides assistance in writing and editing content for Remote Year channels
- Engage relevant influencers and brand advocates in an authentic way, both on social media channels and in relevant external channels
- Utilize Sprout Social for content scheduling, brand sentiment studies, engagement metrics and overall analytics reporting.
- Measure and analyze engagement impact and suggest action-steps to increase impact
- Develop awareness and engagement campaigns across various social media channels and also exploring social media partnerships and opportunities for cross content collaboration and promotion
- Performs research and monitoring to obtain knowledge of relevant national policy and industry-specific issues related to Remote Year’s business to proactively identify emerging issues and help in the development of social media strategies and content
- Provide support for the broader Marketing team on projects as needed, with an eye for social and multi-media opportunities
- Align social media scheduling with overall content development strategy
- At least two years (preferably three+) of hands-on experience of social media marketing experience (content creation, social media conversations/engagement, social content strategy).
- Strong knowledge and experience in organic content curation.
- Demonstrated success with social listening, influencer identification and engagement, content and creative development. An effective writer with the ability to create engaging and succinct copy. Ability to create or edit social media visual assets a plus.
- Strong experience with social metric analysis to report on programs, interpreting and using analytics to influence the ongoing evolution of social channels and strategy.
- Strong social technical skill-set with experience using Sprout Social or similar social channel management platform, and social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Proficient use of G-Suite based tools used to create, modify or distribute information.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to troubleshoot and proactively seek and recommend solutions.
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and understanding of a variety of cultures.
- Experience working in a startup.
- Bachelor’s Degree.