Dotdash is re-imagining the way people find expert advice and answers online. Through our premium vertical brands including Verywell, The Balance, Lifewire, The Spruce, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo, we help millions of monthly users answer questions, solve problems, and find inspiration on topics they deeply care about.
We’re looking for bright, engaged, creative and fun people who are looking to be part of an inspiring team. We value transparency, accountability, data, design and fresh thinking. Be part of an environment where suggestions and ideas at every level directly impact the business and add value to our product.
Dotdash is seeking a contract Social Media Editor to help grow the Facebook audience of our new lifestyle site, The Spruce.
We are looking for a savvy social media enthusiast with a passion for all things food, home and lifestyle, who is eager help grow the following of one of the biggest content sites on the web. As a Social Media Editor, you will work with The Spruce content team to promote our best content across our four Facebook pages to help grow traffic and audience engagement.
About Your Contributions:
- Write and curate compelling, social-friendly content to make Dotdash content work in the moment
- Mine The Spruce’s extensive site library to find articles with great social promotion potential
- 2-4 years of demonstrated experience as a social media professional / community manager for a major Lifestyle (Home, Food, Family) media property with a large percentage of traffic coming from social media
- Expert level proficiency with writing, editing, and curation of content on social networks such as Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, YouTube and Twitter
- Experience with Buffer a major plus
Dotdash’s vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Lifewire, ThoughtCo and TripSavvy.