Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Nerdalize is building the cloud; one house at a time. We’re looking for an awesome Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) that loves tough challenges.
At Nerdalize we're building a cloud from the ground up. This including new tech around the servers themselves, our own network, operating and monitoring the hardware and then also delivering higher-level user interfaces on top of that. So, we're definitely not short of opportunities.
The Nerdalize Cloud Engine team is responsible for building a highly usable, stable and scalable computing platform on top of Nerdalize’s own physical hardware and glass-fibre network. Many of our customers use our platform for batch processing, engineering simulations and big data. It is our challenge to make our customer workloads’ run reliably and at scale.
As a member of the NCE team, you will work on a variety of components needed to make our platform reliable and ready to scale. Our platform is composed of microservices and builds upon Docker and Kubernetes, both for our services as well as for our customers’ workloads. Components include (amongst others) our own Go (Golang) API’s, Kubernetes, Logging, Monitoring, Auditing, Accounting, Storage, Event processing and Data pipelining.
Our team generally collaborates on design and architecture, but we expect you to to pick up and lead the development of some components, features or user stories that fit your skills and interests. As a site reliability engineer you will have some (< 50%) operational responsibilities, and will spend most of your time making reliable and self-healing systems. It’s also likely that you will work closely with our Infrastructure team, which is responsible for the hardware, network layers and VM layers.
Your skill set
We’re looking for people who have both a broad skillset, and a field of expertise. Experience that we expect any candidate to have include general back-end engineering (programming in languages such as Go (Golang), C++, Python, Java), operating Linux servers (at scale), working with open source systems, using Docker, working with Git and unit-testing.
You’ll also bring your expertise in one, (or more), of the following fields:
- Distributed system development (service oriented architecture, software development)
- DevOps (maintaining and running servers at scale)
- Docker and clustering systems: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Big Data, Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc.
Not only can you manage to hang out with computers, you’re also a team player. You’re a constructive problem solver and helpful participant in team discussions and are happy to help others, especially in areas where you are more senior.
- Impact and responsibility from day 0. You’ll be building the foundation of our stack
- A high performance team where cutting edge technology is the name of the game
- No network bubble here. Together we are a full stack team and we're always looking to understand what the rest of the team is doing
- Weekly demo time to show the whole team what crazy stuff you’re working on. In return you get a cold beer, meaningful feedback and some well deserved praise
- Champagne to celebrate success together
- Fun teammates for weird lunch discussions, team days, drinks, parties, and more
- A workplace at YES!Delft, Europe’s biggest high-tech incubator
Nerdalize Internal Protocols
- We give credit where credit is due and ask for help when we need it
- We share our ideas, speak up for what we believe in, and survive arguments
- We trust our colleagues and customers and actively seek to understand them
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in what we develop
- We are self-starters who thrive on autonomy, and perceive 'chaos' as an opportunity to shine
Are you up for the challenge? Apply now via the application button.
Visit our website www.nerdalize.com for more information.
Are you representing an agency? Thank you for your interest in our job offer but we do not need external help to fill our roles.
3D Generalist & Motion designer Missions principales
Tetouan Province, Morocco
Full-Stack Senior Web Developer - Remote
Software Engineer, Mobile