As a Veson Nautical SRE, you'll deploy, maintain, and support production and test infrastructure for our growing suite of SaaS products. Our current build, deployment, and monitoring stack includes TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Terraform, PRTG, elmah.io, and Papertrail. We host primarily on AWS EC2 with assists from S3 and Azure SQL. We’re excited about exploring containers and additional PaaS offerings. You’ll help evaluate ways to improve our reliability and cost effectiveness.
You'll work with engineers, operations, and our support team to better our processes and tools. You'll design and implement monitoring and backup to make sure our products remain secure and reliable, and plan to help us scale. Finally, you’ll automate, automate, automate to maximize the efficiency of our team!
Veson Nautical’s clients are the world’s leading shipping organizations. Our SaaS products are transforming vessel communication and operations for this truly global industry; you are up for the challenge of delivering performance and reliability to our users from London to Singapore. As a key member of the Veson Nautical team, your technical insights will influence our architectural vision and our ability to rapidly expand the reach and impact of our solutions.
- Systems administration experience with Microsoft's web stack, including Windows Server, IIS, and SQL Server. Not afraid of a little Linux.
- Love of automation. Ability to script away manual processes in the language of your choice (PowerShell, Python).
- Exposure to IaaS, especially on AWS or Azure.
- Comfortable working collaboratively with engineers, operations, and support professionals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server availability and recovery strategies a plus.
- Bonus points for knowledge of config management tools (Chef\Puppet), containers, or authentication and identity providers.
- Remote US candidates considered (work authorization, prior remote work experience, reliable high speed internet, and quiet place to work required)
- Please note in your application whether you prefer to work onsite in Boston or in a remote US location
Veson Nautical delivers software solutions and services that enable the commercial maritime community to make more informed decisions, simplify everyday operations, and maximize profits. With offices in Boston, London, and Singapore, Veson Nautical is a dynamic organization with a committed team of executives, product managers, software developers, and client service experts. Dedicated to ensuring the highest levels of client satisfaction, Veson Nautical brings decades of experience, technical knowledge, enthusiasm, and commitment to clients around the world. The combination of exceptional market growth and leading market position make this a superb opportunity for the right candidate.
Veson Nautical Offers
- Competitive compensation
- Three weeks’ vacation to start plus 11 holidays
- Generous health, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan + $500 employer contribution
- 401K + 4% employer match
- Health club membership subsidy
- Transportation benefit worth $84.50/month
- Free Tuesday and Friday lunches
- Friendly, informal work environment
- Office in Boston’s Back Bay