Modern Tribe is looking for a talented WordPress frontend developer in North America to join our team.
We’re currently working on high-profile WordPress implementations that range between conventional to seriously bleeding edge. We will want to see plugin code examples – public plugins are ideal. We want people that are able to develop code that can withstand high profile sites and intense loads. You should be comfortable working as part of a team – your code will have to integrate into an existing architecture. If tightly optimized code get’s you excited – you’re probably a good fit.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- Happy: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- Helpful: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- Curious: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- Accountable: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
- ARCHITECT: Work with design team to architect and document theme solutions using best practices
- ADAPT: Integrate code into existing theme architecture
- COLLABORATE: Coordinate with designers, back-end developers and other theme devs
- PERFORM: Produce code solutions that load quickly and smoothly
- REVIEW: Be a part of QA team and optimize / review other team members’ code
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with LESS or Sass
- Experience with es2015 and Babel
- Mid level to advanced PHP Skills
Additional Experience (Bonus Points)
- Knowledge of WordPress theming best practices
- Examples of plugins / code that you’ve released to the open source community
- Proficiency at local environment development
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. Please do not apply if your timezone is outside of the US range and if you are not totally fluent in English. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
Pay range is between $50-$75 US per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are currently looking for both Full Time devs and freelance contractors about 15-20 hours a week for this gig.