Olo’s software engineers develop the next-generation of digital ordering technologies for many of the country’s largest and fastest-growing restaurant brands. We are laser focused on continually improving ourselves and our products while prioritizing relationships at work and at home. We thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, collaborating with some of the best engineers across the nation.
As a part of Olo’s Engineering team, you will play a significant and visible role in helping us build one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market. You will help us build new features and products, with responsibilities that span software design, test automation, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of our applications and services.
Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, nearly half of our engineering team is remote!
Skills & Requirements
- Leadership experience that spans technology selection, architecture and design oversight, and mentoring others.
- Software development experience in object-oriented or functional programming.
- Demonstrable understanding of the full web stack.
- Superb problem solving skills with an emphasis on pragmatism, quality, and performance.
- Passion for learning new skills and technologies.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- BS degree in a technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English with a legal right to work in the U.S.
Olo is the leading provider of digital ordering for today’s restaurants. We help restaurant brands maximize revenue per square foot by delivering faster, more accurate, and more personal service to their customers.
We’re quite up-front about the technical challenges our business faces. Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends, that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants’ POS systems, and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is not for the faint of heart!
Olo is located at 26 Broadway in the historic Standard Oil Building, the former home of John D. Rockefeller. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.