Uncommon is reinventing the way people discover their next employment opportunity and manage their professional career. Despite an influx of tech startups aimed at improving the hiring space, the process of finding a job or hiring a new employee remains a difficult, expensive and a typically soul-crushing affair.
We're serious when we say that we're going to reinvent this process because we believe these problems will never be solved by iterating old ideas. It's an incredibly ambitious goal, and to reach it we're building a team of crazy-smart and insanely creative out-of-the-box thinkers to take over this industry by making it simple, fast and maybe even fun for both job seekers and employers alike.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team of intelligent, hard working, and honest professionals. You will be responsible for our search engine, crawling, and performance optimization.
- Owning our matching server. This server is currently written in python and has APIs to find matching candidates for a position, and matching positions for a candidate. You will need to add features to it while simultaneously making it faster and reducing data size.
- Productionizing/optimizing our data science team’s matching algorithms
- Crawling, data extraction
- Writing automated tests for the above
- Minimum 8 years experience as a software engineer
- Knowledge of search concepts/algorithms
- Background in high performance web servers and distributed systems
- Proven experience building lightweight, simple solutions to complex problems
- Ability to prioritize investing in a perfect solution vs releasing faster with a minimal solution
- Knowledge of C
- Experience with deployment
- Experience optimizing python and writing python wrappers for C code