Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. Within this fast-paced, collaborative organization, you'll work to ensure customer success by contributing to products that protect customers' dearest assets.
Why You Matter
We are looking for a senior automation engineer who will help design and implement an easy to use framework. Simplicity is key; this framework will be data driven, will encompass parallel streams of automation, will encompass end-to-end functionality as well as non-functional cases. Automation is central to our quality strategy as we continue to deepen and expand our product.
What You’ll Do
- Design an automation architecture that is modular and extensible
- Develop system, software, and component test plans, automated tests, and supporting libraries
- Work with Release Engineering to further integrate automation into the build system
- Assist in automation adoption within the engineering organization
- Lead the automation effort and mentor current automation engineers on industry best practices
- Work with developers on improving the system quality (during design and implementation phases)
What You’ll Bring
- 5-7+ years of experience with scripting language such as Python
- 5-7+ years of experience with web services (REST/SOAP), test automation
- 2-3 years of experience with Java and Junit unit testing
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration, TDD
- Testing experience on Windows, Linux and OSX operating systems
- Experience with test automation with containers such as Docker
- Experience with performance testing
- Experience with Swagger, JSON, API blueprint
- Experience with AWS Cloud is a plus
- Experience with Web automation (i.e. Selenium) is a plus
- Experience with GIT is a plus
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.