Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
Our Product team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you’ll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
Why You Matter
We are looking for a versatile Senior backend engineer. You’ll work cross-functionally with UI, Backend and Dev-ops engineering teams, and have frequent opportunity to obtain feedback directly from people who work in the dynamically evolving software security field.
Backend engineer will help define and build the next generation of end point security applications. This is more than a chance to write amazing code with talented peers. It is a chance to have a huge impact on how hundreds of companies and governments visualize and neutralize threats to their networks. This is where global politics meet your code and the people who it empowers. Join us to make something that matters.
What You’ll Do
Work on solutions to process and store terabytes of data
Build a backend data processing pipeline that is resilient to failures and is highly scalable
Build a distributed application to process a lot of streaming data
Build Restful APIs to query terabytes of data
Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team
Proactively move the technology base to use latest tools and frameworks
Collaborate with product management, operations, quality and front-end engineers to deliver the right solution
Support and maintain existing production code in the field and develop and deliver new enhancements and products to our client base
What You’ll Bring
As a Senior backend engineer at Carbon Black, you’ll build a highly scalable and reliable system to process and store terabytes of data. You will have tons of room to grow, but we have some starting requirements that we want to see in you:
- 5-7 years of experience developing server side applications
- Proficient in Java and relational database technologies
- Experience building Restful APIs
- Significant knowledge of messaging systems like JMS, AMQP, SQS
- Experience in scaling solutions and hence reducing the cost footprint in production
- Ability to design and solve complex business problems by writing simple, effective code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with highly available and scalable SaaS systems
- Experience with at least one SCM system like Git
- Understanding of system architecture to implement changes for scalability and reliability
- Experience with Agile Software Development and Test-Driven Development
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with NoSQL technologies
- Experience with AWS and Elastic Search
- Working knowledge of a CI/CD pipeline
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.