How do you spark joy in hundreds of millions of people? It starts with a vision—that technology can give voice to stories around the world. Netflix empowers a small band of creatives to do what no studio has ever done—tell hundreds of stories you fall in love with and stay up watching.
As an engineer on the Studio Applications team, you’ll help us build the future of how Netflix will create and produce shows on a global scale. If you have an eye for software design, a mind for asking questions and synthesizing information into actionable work, and the personality to want to learn from AND teach your teammates - we would like to talk to you.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Exceptional ability with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with relational databases and schema design
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Experience developing applications in a microservices environment
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture and application deployment
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders and users in order to understand pain-points and effectively communicate solutions
- Partner and communicate effectively with cross functional teams across the organization
- Take full ownership of a product or feature from concept to launch
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects
- Polyglot experience with other languages and being able to pick the right tool for the job
- Contributions to open source
A few logistical details:
- This position is located in Los Gatos, CA
- Remote is not OK
- We provide relocation benefits
- We provide visa assistance where possible
Senior Embedded Linux Developer with C/Python -- 100%...