Senior Software Engineerنشر بواسطة fevrokbot منذ 3 أشهر 2017-09-01 21:30:41
thredUP, based in San Francisco, is the leading online marketplace for buying and selling like-new women’s and kids’ clothing. thredUP was founded in 2009 and currently employs nearly 1,000 people across its corporate office and four distribution centers. To date, thredUP has raised $131 million from top-tier investors, most recently closing an $81M equity investment from Goldman Sachs.
thredUP’s mission is to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. We are achieving this mission being the most convenient solution for busy moms to “clean out” their closets, get organized and do good in the process. thredUP also has the widest and most affordable selection of secondhand clothes in all the name brands customers want to own, in like-new condition.
thredUP is growing rapidly, and has built a world-class team that includes investors and executives from Netflix, Virgin, DVF, GAP and Sephora. We are building the leader in the online secondhand apparel market, and we are just getting started.
About the Role
At thredUP we’re revolutionizing the clothing industry and we’re looking for experienced engineers to form a new team. If you’re looking for a fast-moving environment, where taking the initiative is highly appreciated and encouraged, the path from idea to production is minimal, the toolset is not carved in stone and evolving according to the team need, while having the right work-life balance – then this is the team for you.
The team will work on a wide range of user-facing problems as well as tools & systems to automate internal processes. Most of the things needed either do not exist today and will be defined, designed and built from scratch, while some others need reshaping and rethinking. The team will be empowered with a huge amount of autonomy in their day-to-day decisions as well as will hold a strong voice on strategic roadmap. We are also devoting significant time towards decoupled services, machine learning, continuous integration, and scalability.
- Contribute through the full cycle of new products/services creation: define, design, implement and support
- Full-stack product development with strong backend focus
- Write clean and maintainable code with solid test coverage
- Proactively seek for overall systems improvements through refactoring and new tools
- Continuously push the team standards up by example
- Building scalable and flexible systems utilizing best engineering practices
- Setting realistic estimates and effective communication to technical/business stakeholders
- Communicate successfully across multiple engineering and non-engineering departments
- Machine learning algorithms development to personalize user experience
- Proven experience working across the technical stack, delivering quality code both on the frontend and backend
- 5+ years’ of development experience
- Proficiency with Ruby and Ruby based frameworks (Rails, Grape, Sinatra) or Python is a plus
- Front-end development experience, JS framework experience (React/Redux or similar) is a plus
- Experience working with distributed highly-loaded systems
- Familiarity with continuous integration and testing
Remote work in the US and Canada OK
|الراتب الشهري||غير محدد||مستوى الأقدمية||غير قابل للتطبيق|
|نوع التوظيف||دوام كامل||العطل||0|
|المهارات||ruby,rails,frontend,front-end,backend,machine learning,react,software engineer,full-stack,api,senior,intern,python,scala,ux,distributed,sinatra,engineer,senior software engineer|