Join us as a full-stack engineer at VuWall and become part of the team simplifying large-scale on-site video infrastructure installations. We face unique challenges in deploying on-premise often without internet access and communicating with large networks of encoder/decoder device endpoints including video walls of up dozens of monitors and massive resolutions. You will leverage your expertise to improve the reliability and reduce the complexity of our stack, introduce new device models, and develop new systems to bring lucrative features to the customer.
If you love:
- Video Distribution. Codecs, encoding/decoding, IP streaming, cision making process from conception and whiteboarding all the way to execution and mainteorganization and efficiency. We also have a bunch of video walls here you can play games / watch movies on; if that’s your thing.
- Software Architecture. You will help build the strategy and evolution of existing services including future architecture decisions.
- Coding. At the end of the day this is what it’s about. Yours should be clean, organized, maintainable, and have good attention to detail.
We are seeking:
- A candidate with 5-10 years of experience in software development with a history of delivering products.
- Understanding of REST APIs.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development.
- An ability to lead, see the big picture, and break down epics/stories into their constituent tasks.
Things that would be nice:
- Experience working with Linux systems, CLI, BASH scripting et al.
- An interest working with containers, scaling, service discovery, monitoring, etc.
At VuWall we aim to simplify the lives of AV integrators and end users with novel, easy to use solutions all the way from installation to operation. We work with video walls and dedicated video encoder and decoder hardware to manage video signals across networks. Our deployments span the globe (40 countries and counting!) and are often mission-critical control rooms, security centers, digital signage and the like. We work with clients like NASA, the U.S. Army, CTV, and Google among hundreds of others, including our very hometown City of Montreal.
Here you will not work in a traditional management hierarchy but instead be involved in much of decision making process from conception and whiteboarding all the way to execution and maintenance. You will be working with new technologies as part of a growing team. We’re looking for a level of expertise, autonomy, leadership, and good judgment in our applicants. We look for efficiency, correctness, and the ability to follow through. We understand that you may not have all the answers today, but we expect you to take appropriate action to solve the problems we face on a day to day basis.
Our team is diverse, laid back, has great benefits, flexible working hours and days off, and does some activities once per quarter (usually). Things like go-karts, Arbraska, BBQs, hikes, etc. We’re open to new activity ideas too. We encourage continued learning on a day to day basis by keeping up to date with the latest trends and news, lunch and learns, conferences and hackathons, and providing resources to gain certifications. Working remotely on occasion is also permitted and sometimes encouraged for a change of scenery.