The Internet of Things Business Unit are looking for someone to join their security team, responsible for development of the mbed TLS library. As an open source project, the mbed TLS library provides support for the TLS/SSL protocol and necessary cryptographic primitives to embedded devices, servers and the emerging field of Internet of Things.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in security and cryptography as well as the emerging field of IoT devices. You will have the opportunity to help us deliver a vital part of future IoT devices, helping to ensure they will stay robust and secure.
The role offers unique challenges working in a new business space where you can help shape the future of IoT and the security of these emerging technologies.
Description of Role:
- To write and develop high assurance software in C and assembly
- To participate in code reviews, testing and architectural planning of the product
- To work with the open source community in the development of the library
- To contribute to project planning of new features
- To help provide support to both internal and external customers
- To write and provide appropriate documentation
- To stay up to date in an ever changing and fast moving field
The role will be based in Cambridge, UK and will require working closely with other global ARM design teams. Some travel to work with ARM’s Partners may be required.
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- To be experienced in C, and familiar with the common security issues in using C
- To have an active interest in security, cryptography, and a strong understanding of modern development techniques for providing high assurance software
- To be familiar with agile software development and its principles
- To have a good understanding of networking protocols and TCP/IP
- Excellent communication skills
- Pro-active and self motivated
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
Desirable Skills & Experience
- To have experience of low-level development work, preferably on embedded devices
- Previous experience with working on a TLS stack
- To have experience in working with an open source community
- Experience in development of cryptographic libraries
- Understanding of modern security and cryptographic standards, systems and their implementation (eg. NIST Suite B, FIPS-140 etc.)
- Experience in an assembly language, preferably ARM
- Understanding of common vulnerabilities and their exploitation
- Experience of open source development methods and practices, and use of git
- Experience of side channel analysis, attacks and mitigation. (eg. SPA,DPA)