We are a remote-first company with a globally distributed team of 60. We’re proud of the way we get great work done. Our clients love working with us and we partner with them on long-term projects. Are you looking for a new challenge? This is going to be good!
We need a smart developer to help with new features, performance optimisation and scaling for our microservice architecture of 17 loosely coupled Rails services. It’s in production, supporting multiple brands and driving millions of dollars of revenue every month from US sales.
What do we offer?
- Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team
- A focussed adherence to our agile/scrum processes (we really believe it helps getting good work done)
- Hard problems to solve (you won't find all the answers on Stack Overflow) - and the opportunity to own the solutions
- A great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people
- The best-in-class toolsets: Slack, CI/CD with Docker etc
- Meetups in our Barcelona offices for our remote folks
- Competitive rates
- A long term working relationship: at least a year working on this project, then others.
- Working within a fast moving team (working 11am - 8pm Central European time)
- Solving hard business logic with elegant software design
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested (rspec), defect free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
Good English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
This is a contract position with a long term outlook (12 months+ full-time project) for the right candidate. We are looking for remote workers (most of the company is remote) or have openings based in our Barcelona office.
Why is it good to work with us?
We know that big ideas and big results only happen when you have the right people, working together smartly - whether that’s across the room or across the globe. We make the work fun and rewarding.
Because we work on cool projects. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems. And we do that across multiple clients - each and every one we're excited to work with.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work).