Xanview is a London (UK) based tech company looking for a full stack developer. We are looking for a talented individual to join us on our journey to provide the best, easy to use, Internet of Things platform for physical security and beyond.
Anywhere. Xanview is headquartered in central London, but we all work remotely. Work from wherever you are comfortable. If you are based in and around London, we will meet once weekly to brain storm in person. If you are based remotely, we will organise trips so the whole team can meet and interact.
- The primary focus will be Rails but there are a ton of opportunities to use Go/React/Node, whatever the right tool for the job is as we scale and improve.
- This role requires outstanding programming skills, a passion for user experience and design, and having demonstrated ability optimizing, developing, launching and maintaining large scale production systems.
- As a key member of the team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing.
- You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, know how to deliver, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems.
- You should be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
- 2+ years software development experience
- Expert Ruby on Rails knowledge & familiarity with MVC web applications
- Experience with TDD and writing well tested code with rspec and equivalent
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience working with non relational databases, specifically MongoDB, Redis is a plus
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Client-side performance and optimisation experience
- Understanding of Framework and API design
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Background in Linux/Unix Automation and Administration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with containerization like Docker and lxc
- Experience with CI/CD (Continuous Integration) i.e. Travis
- Experience working in agile teams, specifically the SCRUM methodology
- Android/iOS app development with Swift and Java
- Experience with Go lang
- OpenCV and ability to tune simple algorithms
- Experience with Homebrew and Github
Xanview is a super simple website and app for managing physical security. Simply login and see all your cameras, alarms and anything else you want to monitor and control, across all your locations.
We are a team of mavericks from across the globe and a variety of industries. What we have in common is a passion to create the best technology and to build a phenomenal business.
We are backed by VC’s and a leading global tech company. We work with top industry experts to help us realise our ambitions. We are now looking for key hires to join our exciting team.