We’re looking for an experienced Recruiter to join the team at Zapier. Want to help grow and nurture the team behind a product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the world’s APIs? Then keep reading!
We know applying for and taking on a new a job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Working on Diversity and Inclusivity
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You care deeply about running a fair and balanced hiring and recruiting process that will help match talented people with a role where they can be successful.
You’ve done recruiting for at least a few years. You have experience evaluating candidates for a variety of roles including technical roles. You’ve done it on a team and you’ve done it alone. You have no ego and are ready to hop in to help wherever we need it most.
You are a builder. You want to come in and iterate on hiring processes, adding automation and efficiency improvements along the way. You don’t mind a little ambiguity as we figure it out together.
You are organized. You sweat the small stuff but keep the big picture in mind. You know that a job search is a challenging task and by sweating the details you can provide a more human experience for everyone that interacts with Zapier during a hiring process.
You enjoy working with engineers and strive to understand the technical problems they face. You don’t mind being out of your depth at times and always participate in the conversation enthusiastically. You have a knack for making everyone feel welcome and wanted. You may read Hacker News on a daily basis and are aware of most of the major trends and news in the dev community.
You are persistently helpful. No matter if it is diversity outreach or screening hundreds of applicants, you are unstoppably helpful to both the hiring managers and candidates.
For the past five years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe that credentials don’t say everything. Our CTO has a finance degree. Our CEO has an engineering degree. Our CPO has a mechanical engineering degree. What you love doing is way more important than the credentials you have.
We believe in a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
Things You’ll Do
Zapier is a growing startup, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Identify talented candidates. You’ll experiment by yourself or by working in tandem with hiring managers to reach out efficiently to potential candidates.
- Emphasize diversity and inclusivity. You’ll look for traditional and non-traditional methods to increase the likelihood we can bring new perspectives to the team.
- Find or create new sources of talent. LinkedIn might be a great tool, but you’ll always be looking for new and unique ways to source talented folks.
- Help screen candidates. You’ll assist the team and hiring managers by screening a majority of candidates.
- Successfully juggle a variety of roles at once. At any given time you could be working on filling 5-10 (or more) open roles from full stack engineer to marketing specialist to platform support engineer.
- Assist with job posts and rubrics. You’ll work with the hiring manager to tighten up job descriptions, screening rubrics, and help polish job posts.
- Iterate on candidate feedback. You’ll constantly smooth rough edges in the hiring process by iterating on feedback from candidates or other signals.
- Nurture relationships with individuals and groups. You’ll help build personal relationships through introductions, references, or by facilitating participation with community groups.
You’ll have ample opportunity to impact the hiring process at Zapier – we believe in creating a stellar candidate experience which is a driving force behind our public “Commitment to Applicants“. This doesn’t necessarily stop after an accepted offer either, onboarding is a continuation of the experience and you’ll have frequent interaction with the teams behind the roles.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth
If you want to work remote, that’s cool. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. The Zapier team has members across the United States, Canada, UK, and beyond.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage for U.S. team members
- 401k retirement plan with 4% company match for U.S. team members
- We take care of our International team mates too but details differ
- Profit sharing
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents
- 2-3 annual company retreats to awesome places
Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
Unlimited vacation policy, plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with the best software makers in the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from great companies.
Set your own destiny. Grow as an individual and professional.
How to Apply
Applying is fairly straightforward, but a bit unique. Creativity is certainly encouraged. To jump start the process, we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out the gate. Make sure to answer each question, and include all requested resources in order for your application to be considered. Have fun with them.
Complete this form with answers to the below questions.
Finally, wait for us to reply. We reply to everyone, even if we don’t seem like a good fit.